Our dear country Nigeria is facing past, present and emerging challenges across socio-political, economic and developmental frontiers. In appreciation of these indices and the burning desire to contribute and partner with patriotic Nigerians and others whose goodwill, wisdom and passion to consistently work to salvage our inherent values and to move Nigeria forward, the Arewa Youth Forum (AYF) was formed.
Conceived in January 2001 and formally established on the 5th May 2001, the Arewa Youth Forum (AYF), is a not for profit umbrella platform of youth and sustainable development driven Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO’s) and Community Based Organizations (CBO’s) spread across northern Nigeria. Thus the Forum was also formed in order to effectively and efficiency harness the obvious advantages of enhanced networking coupled with improved service delivery of our individual and collective programmes and activities under a joint obligation.
Being a conglomeration of inspired young people, the Forum is a non-political, gender and ethno-religious friendly umbrella organization which operates purely as a medium for good samaritanism, sustainable peace, national integration, socio-economic development through volunteer effort.
“A Nigeria of our dream – a politico-economic giant internationally; a nation that is peaceful and United; a nation where the basic needs, progressive and beneficial goals of every citizen and non citizens alike are achievable; a nation where the ethical values of integrity, respect for human dignity, implementation of best practices in governance and private lives, and sustainable development are sacrosanct”.
“To engage in and partner with others in initiatives that shall reposition northern Nigeria and Nigeria to face and overcome current and emerging challenges aimed at social harmony through peaceful co-existence, unity in diversity, good governance, accelerated human capital and socio-economic development.
Our Core Values
- Service to Humanity
- To protect the Unity and promote core Northern Nigerian values to serve as catalyst for sustainable peace and national integration.
- To encourage and mobilize Northern Youths to positively channel their energies and resources for peaceful coexistence and sustainable socio-economic development.
- To support Government at all levels to organize Youths to be actively involved in the promotion of good governance through service and grassroots participation.
- To conscientize, encourage and mobilize youths to channel their youthful exuberance, abundant reservoir of energy, resourcefulness, creativity, and dynamism positively aimed at self actualization, employment and wealth creation and sustainable socio-economic development.
- To encourage both public and private sectors to provide employment opportunities to Nigerian Youths.
- To provide humanitarian services through needs assessment.
- Initiate, encourage and partner with others aimed at implementation of capacity building and behavioural/attitudinal re-orientation among youths for the purpose of making them active participants in nation building.
- Encourage and partner with others to bring direct foreign investment (DFI) aimed at value chain enhancement in sustainable socio-economic activities.
- Promoting national development through regional consolidation.
- To promote singularly or in partnership, all initiatives or policies aimed at actualizing the Nigerian project.
- Do all things possible within the ambit of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to have a nation of our dream worthy of our pride.